Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Why do we travel?

My family is not really into traveling we usually dont travel to new places to explore and to enjoy. What we usually do is we go to different cities or even countries to go visit family. We dont really travel the only places we would go would be Mexico, Bacliff and maybe Chicago if my dad makes up his mind. My dad is a very conservative person so usually he really dosent like to travel so when we do it means a lot to me because I get to be on the road and at the end of the trip I get to see my family and hang out with my cousins and so everytime we go somewhere I get so excited because I know where exactly im going to end up with my family.

“We travel, initially, to lose ourselves; and we travel, next, to find ourselves. We travel to open our hearts and eyes and learn more about the world than our newspapers will accommodate. We travel to bring what little we can, in our ignorance and knowledge, to those parts of the globe whose riches are differently dispersed. And we travel, in essence, to become young fools again – to slow time down and be taken in, and fall in love once more.” - Pico Iyer

I rhink Pico Iyer is right maybe when you travel is not only because you want to go visit the families. Soemtimes you want to loose yourself be in another world that is not youre own and maybe thats why people travel I really dont like to be somewhere where I dont know the languages and I dont know the people and the way they live but many people they  like that they like to explore different things eat weird things and l;earn new ways of life and Pico is right people travel to gain knowledge and to broaden ones mind a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment